Tuesday 7 February 2012

Beach time!

I've traded honking horns and diesel exhaust fumes, for crashing waves and scents of barbecuing fish. The beaches of Goa -the place I had lined up in my cross hairs of travel for the past few years.

Perhaps it's hard for something to live up to the expectations of a near 1/2 decade of daydreaming, but I've never left a place so quickly than Palolem Beach. It could be that I forgot to pick up a carton of smokes, pair of speedos, and heavy Eastern European accent before I left Mumbai, but more so that I just wasn't feeling the place. One of the most beautiful beaches I've ever laid my eyes on no doubt, almost as if a landscape architect designed the thing a hundred years ago. It's palm trees stretch out like umbrellas over it's perfectly crescent shaped beach...quite jaw dropping when you witness it in person for the first time. But being surrounded by Russians playing beach ping pong just kind of turned me off the whole thing. Luckily Agonda beach was a 20 min rickshaw ride away and as soon as I told the driver where I was headed he told me "Much better choice my friend".

So I'm here, the beaches of Goa. I rented a moped and scooted over to Pantem (which so far would be my favorite of the three I've seen). But I don't think I have to worry about these beaches entrapping me with their charming, laid back lifestyle for months on end. To spend a whole month smoking hash and sipping Kingfisher beer from a hammock would seem like a waste to me. But with all that being said, sipping Kingfisher beer from a hammock is on the agenda. Just not for more than a week or so.

 As for the hash? Weed makes me too paranoid.....but I'm not ruling anything out just yet.








1 comment:

  1. We love your candid photos along with your commentary. Look forward to more blog postings...

    ReplyDelete